Date Night with Mommy and Me!

              Date Night with Mommy and Me!




For the many of you who have been reading my posts on my Facebook profile about "Date Night" with Mommy and Me, I have decided to make it a weekly edition to my bloggy.  I kept getting such good feedback about this date night that I felt it was good to post it from time to time.  Every Friday (usually) mom and I go out somewhere nice to eat.  Yea I know all you women are thinking "Awwwwwwwww!!!!!" 

First and foremost those of you who who really know me well or have spoken with me before regarding fitness and diet, I am not a big fan or eating at restaurants regularly.   I truly prefer to cook good food at home.   But for the many of you who did not know, my father passed away last summer and as I learned sometime around last November, he and mom went out to eat every Friday.  (I can't believe that I didn't know!)  So over the last 6 months or so, I have been joining my mom usually every Friday when she goes out to eat.   So as you can see, I have eaten out at more restaurants over the last 6 months and the last year than in the last 10 years or so combined!  I usually eat very well balanced at restaurants and this makes it easier for me to represent as a Fitness Consultant/Coach and my stomach is so much happier too!  Whatever my stomach says goes!

So what should you expect when you go out to eat a restaurant?  The first thing I will tell you is... SAY NO TO APPETIZERS!!!   I gave a lot of tips on eating at restaurants in my weight loss book "28 Days to EXtreme Fat Loss".   I will tell you in general that you do want to eat a well balanced meal.  Carbs are ok just not all junk.  Always go with vegetables for side orders and usually I go with either mashed potatoes, a baked potato, or sweet potato (unless we go to Golden Corral), but usually its mashed potatoes for me.  You don't need butter and in many cases, you can ask for a small BOX and take 1/2 or 1/3 of what you eat home and eat it later or the next day.  Again, see my book for tips!  I also discussed eating at restaurants on my Facebook page Facebook.com/EXtremeFatLoss (look for the link titled "Restaurant Review" with the Golden Corral logo)


Needless to say, our lunch today was delicious at Longhorn by Fairfield Commons was delicious and enjoyable.  They had a lunch menu up today and they had a fairly wide variety.  I knew what I wanted before I even got there.  I was in the steak mood!  There are A LOT of particular types of carbs that I avoid so usually I get the mashed potatoes and I got sauteed mushrooms and sliced up bacon with it.  Their sauteed mushroom were mmmmm.... AWESOME!  I usually get a little bit of Real Bacon if they have it to put over my mashed potatoes.  I didn't eat all of the steak either!  It was a 12 ounce sirloin steak so having 72 g of protein for lunch would not have been too smart!  I took about 1/3 of it home.  The steak was very juicy and tender (mmmmm yes it was!!!)  and nope no desserts either! (except at Golden Corral I will have just a little but that's it!)  However I usually don't.  

My goal when eating at a restaurant is to still eat healthy and balanced while allowing myself to eat just a little bit more than normal.  You have to be smart and very very disciplined.  I don't have any pop except at Golden Corral I will have caffeine free diet Pepsi but that is the only time I ever drink pop.  I eat usually 35 meals a week (5 per day) so eating a little bit outside the norms hasn't affected me yet.  I highly recommend this restaurant because you can eat well balanced there.  The service is very friendly and I love their bathrooms!!!  Just make sure you leave your wonderful server a decent tip!   



Eat Healthy!  Go EXtreme for Life!  May God Bless You!  

Kel Silas

Kel Love

"Motivating People to Achieve their Goals, Dreams, and a Healthier Happier Lifestyle." 28EXtreme.com

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post