No title


       Incorporate Yoga with Your Weight Training Program for More Flexibility and Injury Prevention


I remember several years ago when a customer told me she wanted to bring me a yoga tape that might would help out with my weight training.  Trying to keep an open mind about it however mentally I kind of thought she was crazy.  She brought me a tape a few days later.  I tried doing yoga at home a few times and it would have taken a strait jacket plus a ball and chain to force me to stay still in front of my television long enough to do it for even 10 minutes. So needless to say, the 8 hour long tape of yoga laid on the shelf next to my television for about 2 years or so honestly.  I am still kicking myself for not starting it sooner.  Even now I must make time to incorporate more yoga and regular stretching into my busy life.  We all can benefit tremendously from yoga and stretching.


However it was about 3 years later when after a good hard workout I felt so sore!  I decided to break out the yoga tape and began doing some of the poses and also some stretching and wow!  The feeling was indescribable!  I only did yoga for about 20 minutes that day but oh my I felt so much better! I had suddenly found a new love.  Even still to this very day about 10 years later, I still practice yoga however I do quite a bit of stretching in general. 

I took an actual yoga class last summer at Wright State and Sensei Anastasio's class was AWESOME!  (Yes he also teaches martial arts at Wright State.)  It actually kicked in my body's natural metabolism too.  (Let's just say I noticed much better digestion, more frequent bowel movements which is part of your metabolism, improved sleep quality, more energy, better mood and actually my strength increased.   Not all yoga will do this but we did a lot of Hatha yoga and deep breathing, practiced yoga nidra.  There are a few different styles of yoga and every instructor is different so you have to research it yourself, look on You Tube to see someone teaching it, check out a few classes and/or buy some videos or dvds to see what you like.

Yoga not only helps with flexibility, better range of motion, helps with recuperation, improves breathing, improves mood, helps with anxiety too, but it also relieves stress.  Yoga helps the mind and body to slow down.  A person can connect with their inner spirit easy when practicing yoga.  As I heard the yoga teacher saying on the tape "stress locks itself in the muscles and yoga helps to release it."  When you release these stresses, you will most likely feel better with improved mood, better sleep, better recovery, more mental clarity, and yes even increased sex drive.

Stresses come to us in various ways... such as our job, illness and health challenges, kids, relationship or marriage family, school/college, weather change, car problems, not having enough rest, financial difficulties, and many other ways.  Yoga and stretching helps to connect the mind with the body and focus on your inner world, inner self, and inner spirit.  As you "get in touch" through yoga and even some regular stretching, you will find your stress o' meter coming down and you will be feeling better, having a clearer mind, and more physically and mentally energetic.

Sincerely, Kel Silas CFT MHT  (LeMoyne Kelvin Love Silas)
Kel Silas 


Find More Good Health and Fitness Tips and many MORE helpful tips  in my new eBook

"28 Days to Extreme Fat Loss"

Get it Today!  Get it Today!  To get my hot book CLICK HERE!!!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post